Prime Factors of 35 are 5, 7.
Here we will discuss, mainly two methods of factorization to find Prime Factors of any number.
- Division Method
- Factor Tree Method
Prime Factors of 35 by Division Method
Step 1 : Divide the number by the smallest prime number, which divides the number exactly.
Step 2 : Divide the quotient again by the smallest prime number. If quotient is not exactly divisible by the
smallest prime number, choose next smallest prime number.
Step 3 : Repeat Step 2 again and again till the quotient becomes 1.
Step 4 : All the prime numbers used in above process are the prime factors.
Check : Multiply all the prime factors, the multiplication should be the number itself.
Caution : In this method, only prime numbers will be use to divide.
- First of all, we divide 35 by smallest prime number i.e. 2. We didn’t get a whole number as quotient.
- Try next prime number i.e. 3, We didn’t get a whole number as quotient.
- Try next prime number i.e. 5, we got 7 as quotient and remainder is zero. (Note – if remainder will not zero, means doesn’t divide exactly, try next prime number to divide)
- Since 7 is a prime number, so 7 will divide by itself only.
- Here we divide 7 by 7 and we got 1 as a quotient.
Hence, 35 = 5 x 7
So 35 has two prime factor i.e. 5, 7.
I hope, this step-by-step tutorial will be helpful to understand the Prime Factors of 35.
What are the prime factors of the number 35?
The prime factors of the number 35 are 5 & 7.
What is the total number of prime factors of the number 35?
The total number of prime factors of the number 35 is 2.
What is the prime factorization of the number 35?
The prime factorization of the number 35 are 5 & 7.